Report Trail Issues: Where and How

Marin’s open spaces and wild lands are extensive and often remote; ranger field staff is sometimes limited and response times can be lengthy. Land managers depend on visitors to be additional eyes and ears on our public lands. Here’s how to report..

Emergencies involving Imminent Threat to Life or Property? Call 911.
Give location (exact as possible), nature of emergency, your name and contact/call-back information.
Stay on the line, follow instructions from dispatcher.

Non-emergency reporting, such as trail blockage or maintenance issues; vandalism; inappropriate or suspicious behavior;
incident or interaction with another visitor; specific safety hazard; etc…. use the contact information below.
If you’re unsure about which agency manages the land you’re on, you can report to multiple agencies.

California State Parks

For all State Park emergencies: call 911 and ask that State Parks dispatch be notified, or call State Parks dispatch directly at 916-358-1300. This is the quickest way to report an emergency or crime in progress.

Mount Tamalpais SP
China Camp SP
Olompali SHP

Roberto Walton, Supervising Ranger

415-388-3653 General ranger line
Office: 3801 Panoramic Highway, Mill Valley, CA 94941
415-388-2952/3653, Fax 415-388-2968

Non-emergency reports for Mt. Tamalpais, China Camp and Olompali can also be sent via Park Watch Report, an on-line reporting system available on smart phones and computers.

Samuel P. Taylor SP
Tomales Bay SP

Rosemary Blackburn, Supervising Ranger

Marin County Parks
Marin County Open Space District

Emergency: call 911

Ranger Field Office
415-473-2816 (non-emergency…checked frequently)

File a Citizen Observation Report: go to MCOSD Open Space page here, then to “Contact Us” menu and click on “Citizen Observation Report.”

Situations requiring immediate staff attention which are not emergencies: call Marin County Sheriff’s Office Communications Division at 415-473-2311 and they will contact the appropriate Parks, Open Space, or Landscape department.

Marin Municipal Water District

Emergency: call 911

Phil Johnson, Acting Chief Ranger
415-945-1189 (non-emergency issues and visitor misconduct)

Questions and additional reporting email:
or use MMWD’s Watershed Observation Reporting Form.

Pt. Reyes National Seashore

Emergency: call 911
Non-emergency: 415-464-5137 (follow the prompts)

Pt Reyes NS dispatch (non-emergency) is 415-464-5170 (this is a recording);
Call 911 for emergencies. The Marin County Sheriff’s Department has a substation in Pt. Reyes Station.

Golden Gate National Recreation Area

Emergency: call 911
Non-emergency: GGNRA dispatch 415-561-5510

To report property condition or illegal situation, contact
Mia Monroe, NPS Park Ranger & Marin Community Liaison
415-561-4964, or 415-725-1630

More info on Park Watch Report ->->